Sunday, 16 December 2012

Christmas mail~

Hi guys! The past few weeks have been a little bit sad in terms of mail as I found out that a lot of the Christmas cards I sent out quite a while ago haven't arrived yet to their recipient and by all chances got lost. Also, some of my penpals messaged me to ask me if I received their parcels/letters and still, by all chances those also got lost somewhere.
I was feeling really bitter for that, hence the lack of updates, but anyway that's a risk that us snailmailers must be prepared to take, right?
So without further ado, I'll show you what I've received and sent lately!

I got three postcards from: Amit, Kaira and Penny, respectively from India, Indonesia and Brasil.
 I love how colourful they all are! Not to mention the stamps..


 Then I got a letter from Maddy in the UK, but she also sent me a wonderful unexpected surprise, ie a first day cover of a 1980 stamp!
 I also received a nice surprise from Marjolijn from the Netherlands, who sent me two gorgeous Egyptian coins along with her letter:
 Look at them! Aren't they so pretty?
Then I got a letter from Haych in the UK, very Christmas-y as well and with lovely bits and bobs inside:
Sticking to the Christmas theme, I also received this letter from Marisa in the US. She sent me a tarot card, some smash supplies, tea and some of her pictures <3
 Then I got two Christmas cards, one from Mary in the US and one from Thea in Norway, adorable! :)

On to some outgoing mail now, I sent my reply to Thea in Norway and Maddie in the UK and Marjolijn and Mariam in the Netherlands:
and a reply to Haych in the UK and a letter to Elisse in Belgium <3
That's it for my mail, what did you get/sent lately? :)
Have a nice Sunday,
ƒ.

12 comments:

  1. Yay, you finally got my postcard! After what, two months?
    My late mail is also very delayed, plus so far I only got one Christmas card. I guess the post service hates us on December.
    But don't worry, your parcels are probably only late, not lost - just like my postcard to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was quite a while! I'm glad we decided to wait and that it eventually arrived, I really loved it! Thanks for reassuring me, I really hope you're right :3 xx

      Delete
  2. Great incoming and outgoing mail! I am happy that you got my postcard but sad that my Diwali card never made it to you.I accept with you that we snail mailers have to take this risk and I believe we all will continue to.
    Hope my Christmas card reaches you safely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope mine reaches you as well! And about the Diwali card, I still hope to see it popping in my mailbox one day. With all these delays one can never know! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry that your cards probably got lost. That's really sad. Slight chance of hope that everything is just running really slow this month because of the holidays so maybe they will turn up? I hope so.
    I'm glad that you got my card, though! <3 Happy December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy December to you <3 I'm so glad as well that your card arrived! It was super cute! xx

      Delete
  4. Those coins are super cool! Also I hope my package to you has not been lost in the mail and is just taking longer then usual to get to you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so! Those holidays delays are so nerve-wracking :C xx <3

      Delete
  5. Egyptian coins!! :D :D
    It's a shame the postal system has been a bit laggy at your side, I'm sure many places are affected during this holiday season as well. I sent you a Xmas postcard a few weeks ago and I hope that will arrive with the rest of your Xmas mail !:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 I guess you haven't received my letter yet :C I won't cry yet, but it's been a while since I've posted it.. let's hope it will arrive even if not in time for the holidays! xx

      Delete
  6. I feel horrible when my letters get lost, most of them arrived in some time! So, its not the end, maybe arrive later! great mail, I love the christmas cards, looks super cute! ^^ xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Well, I'm still waiting for my package to reach you, it was filled with a lot of nice things and it would be such a shame if it got lost ç_ç Let's hope they'll make it eventually! xx

      Delete