Saturday, 9 February 2013

Lettermo week #1

Happy Saturday guys! Finally I've got enough time to write my first Lettermo update post.
I did quite a good job this past week, sending out 9 out of 9 letters plus some extras!
Anyway let's start from my incoming mail~

I got not one, but two letters from Meredith on the same day (I'm such a lucky girl!). The first one was a postcard from Mexico City and a muñequita, a tiny Mayan doll:
It apparently has the power to relieve you from your sadness: "tell her your sorrow, put her under your pillow, sleep peacefully. On the next day, your sorrow would have done away". I think I'm in love with it.
The other thing I got from her, is a letter - super sweet, I have to add. She also sent me a bunch of lovely thing:

an handmade journal, which I love, can you guess who's on the cover? ☺
And a lot of ephemera for the project 29, perfect to add to her page in smash book ♥
Then, I got a letter from Marjolijn in the Netherlands:
in a lovely handmade envelope, and filled with coffee, tea and sugar, that granted me very enjoyable snack time while reading what she wrote.
Kudos for those pretty stamps!
I also received a swap I did with Steph in Germany. We had to buy a disposable camera, take pictures around out city and mail it off, but we decided to add some random goodies to the swap as well, and that's (a very small part) of what she sent me: 
Last but not least, I also got another swap card from Jenni, and I love it so much!
Ok, now to the incoming, sent from Feb 1st to Feb 9th~
Day 1 - My part of the swap for Steph:
Day 2, 3 & 4 - A letter to Sara in Portugal, to H in the UK and a swap with Alice in Taiwan:
Day 5 & 6 - letters for Julia in Germany, and Maddie in the UK
Day 7 - A birthday parcel for Elisse in Belgium (which, on a side note, I would have wanted to decorate it a bit but the post office charges a crazy amount of money for "unconventional" looking parcels, so.. I hope that what's inside will make up for it!):
Day 8 - A Gal-entine's day swap with a fellow Italian via swap-bot:
Day 9 - A letter to Thea in Norway:
Extra day - Etsy orders:
That's if for my first week of the Lettermo! How was yours?

Have a good weeked,
ƒ.

16 comments:

  1. dear fab, i lOVE ALL these photos. my favorites are the watercolored envelope from Marjolijn, and the bunny steph sent in her swap :D :D i love bunnies :D all your outgoing packages look neat too, you have to teach me how you do different variations of the { } signs :3 ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bunnies too! :3 ANd thank you, but I actually sucks with {} xD I can never make two identical ones lol

      Delete
  2. Wow, so much neat and great snail mail! :D The doll is totally adorable and seems like a neat little secretkeeper in a way too! (:
    The disposable camera swap seems great, I hope to get to do something like it myself too in the future with some of my penpals.
    Seems like you had a great LetterMo week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, that's a perfect description for the doll :D
      And you should try the swap, it's so fun!

      Delete
  3. neat photos! I know I said this on instagram already, but I love the envelopes where you have like, scraps from books on them. That's a really cool idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^ I'm so happy to see all my stuff here, also the shipping was so fast, I can't believe!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they're surprisingly fast, some other times it takes AGES! But it's okay as long as they always show up :3 xx

      Delete
  5. Crazy, your envelopes look so pretty :) And such lovely mail from Meredith/Ely! P.S. I loved your parcel! It arrived to me on Thursday, and I can't wait to open that present!!!!!!! Thank you so much, dear Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely incoming mail!! Your outgoing mail is great as well...I love the stuff you received from Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And thank you, it was a lovely mail week :3

      Delete
  7. So many beautiful things! This looks like much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty envelopes :). And I already got your letter, it was so lovely to get home from a long day at work on Friday and find it waiting on the doormat.
    Hope lettermo continues to go well for you :)
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I can't wait to hear back from you, it seems like a long time ago since I last heard from you, it's weird! xx

      Delete