Well, since Christmas is a terrible, terrible period to send out mail in my country, I'm never able to join this super fun kind of swaps, so I decided that throughout the year, I'll put on some "secret penpal scavenger hunts" to make up for all the "secret Santa" I missed.
BUT to make it possible, I need you to join this! So go ahead and read more about it ☺
1. You'll be assigned to one secret partner that you must keep secret, until a precise date when we'll all be revealing what we sent and received and who our partner was.
2. You'll have to find/create 5 object wrote down on a list (that will be available once the partners are assigned), and buy one surprise for your partner.
3. After max. 10 days from the revealing of the list, you'll have to send out your parcel and email me a picture of it.
4. Once you receive your parcel from your "secret penpal" you'll have to make a blog post and share it on the set date.*
Some additional things you may want to know:
- This project is completely free to join, the only condition is that you have to be an active blogger either on Blogspot, Wordpress or Tumblr.
- All the objects in the list won't be expensive, on the contrary they'll be object that need to be literally "found" - in your stash, in the street and so on.. - or that you can create yourself.
- Therefore, used things are an acceptable bargaining chip. However you must make sure that they're clean, in good condition, and not damaged.
- Your address won't be shared to anyone except your "secret penpal" which will be asked to keep it secret.
- Partners will be assigned randomly. So please be prepared to ship internationally.
- However, on the sign up form you can express a preference whether if you'd prefer to ship outside your Continent or not, but it will be possible only depending on the participants.
- This is a one time only penpal exchange, which means that after the swap you don't necessarily need to become penpal with your partner unless you both want to.
Entries close on 6 days from now (Feb. 12th) and the partners will be announced the following day.
EDIT: Due to the large amount of entries, the deadline to sign up is now Sunday Feb 10th. Partners and list will be sent you via email Feb. 11th and the swap will officially begin on the 12th. The mailing deadline (i.e. the last day to send out your parcel) is set to Feb. 22nd.
I'VE EMAILED EVERY PARTICIPANT WHO JOINED PRIOR FEB 8TH TO COMMUNICATE THESE DATE CHANGES: WHOEVER WON'T READ THE EMAIL WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM THE SWAP. Sorry but I can't take such responsibility! So check your inbox ya'll!
EDIT - I received some questions on the various social networks, so I thought to include them here: 1. if you're not a blogger but you're active on Instagram, you CAN join, just link you IG profile instead of the blog url in the sign up form. // 2. This swap will be a Round Robin (i.e. = A sends to B, B sends to C, C sends to A and so on). // 3. The list of things to find, will be the same for everyone. It will be composed by 10 object BUT you'll have to find only 5 of them + a gift that you will have to buy based on your partner's preferences.UPDATE: Thanks everyone for your interest :D We're 60+ and counting! Feel free to share this post on your blog/website/twitter etc!
I really hope you'll like the idea! If you've joined the Lettermo, it's also a perfect chance to fill up one day of outgoing mail :D
Have a nice day!
* you can also include it in the "incoming mail" kind of post, but please specify that it was part of this swap.
Feel free to put the official badge in your sidebar: