Wednesday, 6 February 2013

PROJECT: Secret Penpal Scavenger Hunt

Be excited everyone! Today I want to share a project with you and I hope to see some of you joining the fun! I'm sure you're all familiar with the "secret Santa" kind of swaps, aren't you?
Well, since Christmas is a terrible, terrible period to send out mail in my country, I'm never able to join this super fun kind of swaps, so I decided that throughout the year, I'll put on some "secret penpal scavenger hunts" to make up for all the "secret Santa" I missed.
BUT to make it possible, I need you to join this! So go ahead and read more about it ☺

 The rules are very simple:
1. You'll be assigned to one secret partner that you must keep secret, until a precise date when we'll all be revealing what we sent and received and who our partner was.
2. You'll have to find/create 5 object wrote down on a list (that will be available once the partners are assigned), and buy one surprise for your partner.
3. After max. 10 days from the revealing of the list, you'll have to send out your parcel and email me a picture of it.
4. Once you receive your parcel from your "secret penpal" you'll have to make a blog post and share it on the set date.*
Some additional things you may want to know:
  • This project is completely free to join, the only condition is that you have to be an active blogger either on Blogspot, Wordpress or Tumblr.
  • All the objects in the list won't be expensive, on the contrary they'll be object that need to be literally "found" - in your stash, in the street and so on.. - or that you can create yourself.
  • Therefore, used things are an acceptable bargaining chip. However you must make sure that they're clean, in good condition, and not damaged.
  • Your address won't be shared to anyone except your "secret penpal" which will be asked to keep it secret.
  • Partners will be assigned randomly. So please be prepared to ship internationally.
  • However, on the sign up form you can express a preference whether if you'd prefer to ship outside your Continent or not, but it will be possible only depending on the participants.
  • This is a one time only penpal exchange, which means that after the swap you don't necessarily need to become penpal with your partner unless you both want to.
So, do I have your attention? If so, sign up by filling *this form* {CLOSED} and in a week I'll make a blog post and send you an email with all the other infos. In the meanwhile, feel free to leave a comment with your questions in case you have any!

Entries close on 6 days from now (Feb. 12th) and the partners will be announced the following day.
EDIT:  Due to the large amount of entries, the deadline to sign up is now Sunday Feb 10th. Partners and list will be sent you via email Feb. 11th and the swap will officially begin on the 12th. The mailing deadline (i.e. the last day to send out your parcel) is set to Feb. 22nd.
I'VE EMAILED EVERY PARTICIPANT WHO JOINED PRIOR FEB 8TH TO COMMUNICATE THESE DATE CHANGES: WHOEVER WON'T READ THE EMAIL WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM THE SWAP. Sorry but I can't take such responsibility! So check your inbox ya'll!
EDIT - I received some questions on the various social networks, so I thought to include them here: 1. if you're not a blogger but you're active on Instagram, you CAN join, just link you IG profile instead of the blog url in the sign up form. // 2. This swap will be a Round Robin (i.e. = A sends to B, B sends to C, C sends to A and so on). // 3. The list of things to find, will be the same for everyone. It will be composed by 10 object BUT you'll have to find only 5 of them + a gift that you will have to buy based on your partner's preferences.
UPDATE: Thanks everyone for your interest :D We're 60+ and counting! Feel free to share this post on your blog/website/twitter etc!

I really hope you'll like the idea! If you've joined the Lettermo, it's also a perfect chance to fill up one day of outgoing mail :D

Have a nice day!
ƒ.

* you can also include it in the "incoming mail" kind of post, but please specify that it was part of this swap.

Feel free to put the official badge in your sidebar:

43 comments:

  1. Amazing project! :D Will definetly be joining this, sound like a real blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks <3 I'm glad you'll be part of it :3

      Delete
  2. This sounds like so much fun. I love this idea! I knew you would come up with something brilliant because from looking through your blog, you always do come up with great ideas! I love it! :) I think I might be able to join, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I'll definitely come back here to sign the form when I think I'll be able to join (because honestly, I would really love to join).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, thanks :) I really hope you'll be able to join eventually! xx

      Delete
  3. Joined! Sounds so fun!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm really glad you joined :3

      Delete
  4. Such a creative and unique idea! Count me in!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!! great idea fab! I'm on, definitely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ely <3 I was hoping you would join :)

      Delete
  6. I love this idea and will definately take part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you explain the written three things again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice idea! Will join for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Thanks for letting me know on IG. I'm not reading blogs regularly for the moment. Too busy with other things.
    I would love to join:)
    ^_^ Puk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome! Thank-you for joining! :)

      Delete
  10. I'm in, Fab, this sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like tons of fun! I am so in :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for inviting me to join this challenge (from IG). I just signed up and now waiting eagerly for your mail.
    As for the 5 item list, who will prepare the list?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea, I'm in ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Jenni, thanks for joining! :)

      Delete
  14. Just signed up, great little project! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea, I just signed up and am looking forward to working on my parcel already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome :D Thank you very much for participating!

      Delete
  16. Hello! I really liked this idea and I would love to participate! The thing is, I'll be travelling from the 20th February until the 3rd March, is it a problem? Maybe I'll only be able to work on my parcel after that :x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just signed up! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just signed up. Thanks for explaining it on IG (I'm foxxyela). Looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. woow.. Im too late to join this project :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I read about The Segret Penpal Scavenger Hunt at Puk's blog "The Puk project" and thought it was the greatest idea I'd seen for a long time...I would like to start up my own "HunT", so I hope you'll help me?? I'm curious about the list of ten things - what are the criteria??

    Love Karina (from www.kreafreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I just discovered your blog and was wondering when you would be doing this again? I would like to join this and I think it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh no, it's over. ; ^;
    Please note me if you plan to do it one more time. :>

    ReplyDelete
  23. would love to participate in this project in the future should you hold another one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just found this blogpost right now; but i can't join anymore :( let me know if there is a new project going on! xxx www.themindofanexchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Me too! I'm so sad I missed out :(

    ReplyDelete