You guys, it's time to start swapping! Sorry if in the past days I've sent ya'll a bunch of messages/emails but hosting such a swap requires to make sure that everyone knows what to do and how to do it, and especially that everyone's ready to keep their commitment.
Yesterday/this morning you should have received another email, with the list and your partner. IF NOT, EMAIL ME ASAP (firstname.lastname@example.org) or check your spam folder especially if you use Gmail because it flags everything as spam!
TWITTER: #secretpenpalscavengerhunt @wreckthisgirl_
TUMBLR: #secretpenpalscavengerhunt #wreckthisgirl
INSTAGRAM: #secretpenpalscavengerhunt #SPSH @wreckthisgirl
BLOGGER/WORDPRESS: please take a moment to link your post in a comment on my blog.
Now, while you wait for your email, here's some fun facts for you:
- 78 people, including me, joined the project. Crazy, right?!
- 3 are the "circles" I created for the round robins: 1 for who requested America only, 1 for who request Europe only, and the biggest 1 for everyone else.
- 35, almost half of the participants are from the USA.
- 14 people wanted a partner from another continent, 16 wanted a partner from the same continent, and the remaining 48 didn't mind.
- I'm not quite sure of this data, but only 2 participants are male.
- It took me about 4 hours to write and send every email.
6 people are from the UK
5 people are from Canada
4 people are from Belgium
4 people are from the Netherlands
3 people are from Malaysia
2 people are from India
2 people are from Italy
2 people are from Mexico
2 people are from Spain
2 people are from Portugal
1 person is from Danmark
1 person is from Finland
1 person is from France
1 person is from Ireland
1 person is from Israel
1 person is from Japan
1 person is from Norway
1 person is from Lithuania
1 person is from Russia
1 person is from China
1 person is from Indonesia
I'm SO excited, what about you? :D
Have a nice day,
Disclaimer: I'll do my best to coordinate this swap the best I can and to track down possible cheaters, but unfortunately I can't be 100% sure that someone is not fooling me. I can, however, assure you that in case someone cheats, measures will be taken.
On a side note, 48/78 people, the 61% already read and replyed my email. If you're not among these, please do it soon because paranoia is killing me ç_ç