Monday, 11 February 2013

UPDATE: Secret Penpal Scavenger Hunt


You guys, it's time to start swapping! Sorry if in the past days I've sent ya'll a bunch of messages/emails but hosting such a swap requires to make sure that everyone knows what to do and how to do it, and especially that everyone's ready to keep their commitment.
Yesterday/this morning you should have received another email, with the list and your partner. IF NOT, EMAIL ME ASAP (secretpenpalscavengerhunt@gmail.com) or check your spam folder especially if you use Gmail because it flags everything as spam!
Official tags to snoop on the other participants (aka tag your swap related stuff, pretty please):
TWITTER: #secretpenpalscavengerhunt @wreckthisgirl_
TUMBLR: #secretpenpalscavengerhunt #wreckthisgirl
INSTAGRAM: #secretpenpalscavengerhunt #SPSH @wreckthisgirl
BLOGGER/WORDPRESS: please take a moment to link your post in a comment on my blog.

Now, while you wait for your email, here's some fun facts for you:
  • 78 people, including me, joined the project. Crazy, right?!
  • 3 are the "circles" I created for the round robins: 1 for who requested America only, 1 for who request Europe only, and the biggest 1 for everyone else.
  • 35, almost half of the participants are from the USA.
  • 14 people wanted a partner from another continent,  16 wanted a partner from the same continent, and the remaining 48 didn't mind.
  • I'm not quite sure of this data, but only 2 participants are male.
  • It took me about 4 hours to write and send every email.
MOAR facts:
6 people are from the UK
5 people are from Canada
4 people are from Belgium
4 people are from the Netherlands
3 people are from Malaysia
2  people are from India
2  people are from Italy
2  people are from Mexico
2  people are from Spain
2  people are from Portugal
1 person is from Danmark
1 person is from Finland
1 person is from France
1 person is from Ireland
1 person is from Israel
1 person is from Japan
1 person is from Norway
1 person is from Lithuania
1 person is from Russia
1 person is from China
1 person is from Indonesia

I'm SO excited, what about you? :D
Have a nice day,
ƒ.

Disclaimer: I'll do my best to coordinate this swap the best I can and to track down possible cheaters, but unfortunately I can't be 100% sure that someone is not fooling me. I can, however, assure you that in case someone cheats, measures will be taken.

On a side note, 48/78 people, the 61% already read and replyed my email. If you're not among these, please do it soon because paranoia is killing me ç_ç

10 comments:

  1. No people from Poland! If just february is not so busy I would join this with my pleasure, but unfortunately...school and no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll be able to join the next one then :)

      Delete
  2. I'm excited for this project. I used to participate in a project like this on Livejournal.com called Project 29...inspired by the book 52 Projects: Random Acts of Everyday Creativity by Jeffrey Yamaguchi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that project, and I love it :D Thank you so much for taking part to this! xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much Fab! You are amazing and this swap is gonna be so much <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw ahah, thanks! Actually Thank You for joining :3 <3

      Delete
  4. I'd be absolutely thrilled to participate in this hell of a project! wooppies

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh i hate that missed sign ups for this! that's what i get for being sick for a week! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'oh! Well I hope you'll be able to join the next one :) xx

      Delete
  6. can i join?! this looks os fun

    xxgeorgina18@hotmail.co.uk

    Check out my giveaway :D
    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/flashon-nails-giveaway.html
    xxx

    ReplyDelete